Click here to save your favourite projects.
They will appear in the star tab on the right hand side of your screen beneath the client login.
NOTE: You must have cookies enabled to use this function.
Master Planning – Commercial + Mixed Use
Master planned, mixed use complex over 3ha – retail, commercial, hotel and residential apartments. This master plan seeks to provide a new urban grain to this city fringe area. A hierarchy of streets and lanes support a range of buildings and types individually scaled to their streetscapes.
Regional centres within Queensland are experiencing rapid change through the influx of population and mining dollars. This development creates a new quality of low to medium-rise streetscapes within this community combined with a new type of public space to support higher density.
City West Master plan
Arkhefield worked with the City West Task Force, Queensland Government and Brisbane City Council, to prepare a master plan for the City West precinct at Petrie Terrace. The project vision for the precicnt was to revitalise the area into a more liveable, prosperous and connected place. The overarching design strategy was based on a ‘public domain’ lead approach:
- to design around people, delivering a walkable grid of streets and spaces that offer a safe, legible, attractive and comfortable environment for all users;
- as the organising structure of any place;
- as the means by which connections (in terms of both movement and exchange) are made ;
- as the means by which new connections can be provided to disconnected places;
- to provide the framework for social and economic renewal; and
- to support and guide sustainable private sector developments.
This master plan later formed the framework of the redevelopment of The Barracks site which was completed by Arkhefield in 2008.
Categories: Master Planning