Arkhefield is seeking a part-time Bookkeeper to join our dynamic design studio in the heart of Brisbane.
Arkhefield is a multidisciplinary design practice delivering 30+ years of design excellence in Australia and the Asia Pacific. We celebrate design that connects people to place.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Arkhefield’s Bookkeeper will be responsible for key aspects of Arkhefield’s financial planning, financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and revenue control. They will ensure the efficient operation and reporting of Arkhefield’s accounting records and systems to enable the transparent financial reporting to management and the board, including all compliance with government regulations.
Arkhefield is a progressive, forwarding thinking design practice. We offer a fun, dynamic studio environment for all our team. We strive for a positive, welcoming, and happy place. Arkhefield advocates the right to work in an environment free of discrimination, intimidation, bullying and sexual harassment.
Arkhefield is an equal opportunity employer, offering roles on experience, merit and cultural fit.
Financial Accounting - XERO
- Accounts payable & debtor management
- Accounts receivable & invoicing
- Bank reconciliations & cashflow forecasting
- Ensure financial details are recorded accurately in Workflow Max
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording of revenues and expenses
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly and year end close
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Prepare PAYG, BAS & FBT reports and lodge with the ATO or external accountants
- Liaise with external Accountants as required
- Accounts filing.
- Weekly cashflow reporting
- Assist with preparation of financial management reports (monthly)
- Prepare and assist with the management accounts & KPI’s for board reporting purposes
- Prepare annual budget and monthly forecast activities in conjunction with the Studio Director + Principal
- Maintaining the capital expenditure register and assisting with capital financing decisions
- Work with Project Directors to analyse project profitability and progress against set budget targets
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis to assist the Studio Director in running the business
- Prepare reporting for Strategic Planning as required.
XERO - Payroll
- Prepare, check and process fortnightly payroll
- Superannuation reconciliation and payments
- Calculate payroll tax and complete reconciliations monthly and annually.
- Support for Project Directors in project set up and management
- Support Project Directors in awareness of financial performance on projects including profitability, invoicing and debt collection.
- Develop and maintain strong internal relationships with the Arkhefield team
- Develop and maintain strong external relationships with partners, clients and consultants in relation to financial matters.
- Drive for efficiency and value in financial aspects of the business
- Develop and deliver ‘financial specific training’ for project staff in delivery of profitable projects.
SYSYEMS + SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Ideally, experience working in a fast-paced design environment that practices Architecture
- Experience with the ‘XERO’ accounting system (advanced)
- Providing ongoing systems support in managing ‘Workflow Max’ for the studio
- CA/CPA qualified is an advantage
- Degree in Accounting or related discipline preferred but not required
- Reliable, trustworthy and demonstrate integrity, maturity and diplomacy
- Strong time management skills and the capacity to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Microsoft Excel skills (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Microsoft Office Suite.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY
Through the Seek link here
or send a letter of introduction and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org